Yo, boys! Only 3 weeks until Redstone 4 so don’t waste you time with this crappy build, anyway I will show you what’s new and changed and for those who have no girlfriend a download link - so you have at least something to play with. 😜
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where selecting a notification after taking a screenshot or game clip opened the Xbox app’s home screen instead of opening the screenshot or game clip.
- We fixed an issue where EFI and Recovery partitions were unexpectedly listed in Defragment and Optimize Drives.
- We fixed an issue optimizing drives in Defragment and Optimize Drives didn’t work in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a permanently black window if you dragged a tab out of a Microsoft Edge window, pulled it up to the top edge of the screen, and moved it back down and released it.
- We fixed an issue where the warning on Windows 10 S when trying to run non-Microsoft Store apps from File Explorer might end up stuck behind the File Explorer window.
- We fixed an issue where there was some unexpected extra space in the File Explorer navigation pane before the chevron icons to expand/collapse folders.
- We fixed an issue where if focus was set inside Action Center pressing Esc wouldn’t close the Action Center window.
- We fixed an issue that could result in ShellExperienceHost periodically waking the device from hibernate if active live tiles were pinned to Start.
- We fixed an issue where navigating to Settings > System > Focus Assist > “Customize your priority list” could crash Settings.
- IMPORTANT: The Microsoft Store may be completely broken or disappeared altogether after upgrading to this build. Please see this forum post for details including a workaround on how to get the Microsoft Store back.
- If you try to open a file that is available online-only from OneDrive that hasn’t been previously downloaded to your PC (marked with a green checkmark in File Explorer), your PC could bugcheck (GSOD). You can work around this problem by right-clicking on these files and selecting “Always keep on this device.” Any file-on-demand from OneDrive that is already downloaded to the PC should open fine.
- Post-install at the first user-prompted reboot or shutdown, a small number of devices have experienced a scenario wherein the OS fails to load properly and may enter a reboot loop state. For affected PCs, turning off fast boot may bypass the issue. If not, it is necessary to create a bootable ISO on a USB drive, boot into recovery mode, and this this will allow bypass.
- When Movies & TV user denies access to its videos library (through the “Let Movies & TV access your videos library?” popup window or through Windows privacy settings), Movies & TV crashes when the user navigates to the “Personal” tab.
All builds, 32-bit, 64-Bit and ARM can be downloaded via WZT’s + adguards mirror here. The credits at this point goes to them for providing the download links and some new cat pictures.
Insider in the Fast-Ring should get the update already automatically since yesterday.
Problem with Hybrid-mode
The new build still has the issue with the Hybrid-mode so you need to turn it off. Start the command prompt with administrative rights and type in: powercfg /hibernate off or powercfg /H off.
Or alternative via:
Or simply with the Power Options Menu under Windows.